"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you can appreciate them when they are right. You believe lies so that you will learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
Marilyn Monroe

Monday, June 30, 2008

You-oming

Something just made me think of a story and I wanted to share because it cracks me up. Last fall we spent a few different weekends in Wyoming so Don could take care of some commitments. Well Hailey just didn't understand the word Wyoming. She thought everytime we were saying Wyoming we were saying my-oming so she would refer to Wyoming as you-oming, ocasionally we would even hear daddy-oming or mommy-oming. It makes me grin and giggle everytime she says it. No matter how much you sound the word out for her or get her to say it a syllable at a time when she puts the whole word together it still came out you-oming. Heeheehee! Now almost a year later she will still pipe up with "hey mommy they just said
you-oming on tv", when we're watching the news/weather. Occasionally she will say it correct but I love the wrong way because it never fails to make me smile.

1 comment:

meg 'n' rich said...

I love when words come out all jumbled and stick that way. Max, my 4 year old, who is an amazing talker, still says one word funny: "Bicano". It means Volcano. Love it!