"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you can appreciate them when they are right. You believe lies so that you will learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
Marilyn Monroe

Thursday, June 26, 2008

For Megan McEwan

Berkley probably beat Hailey on being a michevious child but Here is a recent couple hours with Hailey a couple weekends ago. This particular weekend she had the help of her cousin Brody. We are currently Living in Don's parent's basement since we sold our house and have yet to find another. We thought we had them locked in the house but they escaped through a back door. That weekend our puppies were about 7 1/2 weeks old and neither one of the kids can leave them alone. I don't remember what I was doing but all of the sudden I heard a puppy crying rather loudly. I then realized the kids were outside. I found the kids with a puppy and the hose, the puppy was in a big planter and the were using the hose to fill the planter and nearly drown the puppy. Poor puppy! A little later I realized I couldn't hear the kids again so I went in search and yet again they were outside. This time one of them had a puppy in the baby swing flying through the air and the other child was pushing a puppy up the slid with is head as he climbed the slid. Again, poor puppies! Hailey & Brody soon dissapeared again and at about the same time we heard the water outside turn on. Kristy (Brody's mom) and I went running and got to the front door as water cascaded inside and down the stairs. It was sooooo much water! Even after vacuuming as much as we could out of the carpet it still took 2 days to dry. Well I guess that was only three events but it did happen in only a couple hours, I know more happened that day but the water tops it all and erases the rest from memory. There have been days that were MUCH worse (well the water has probably been the worst individual event) but they all blur together and I can't seperate one day's events from the next.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

How are you? Your girls are so dang cute!
So about Lilly looking bigger than Kyley, she probably is.She is VERY tall. Everyone always thinks she is 2 or 3 yrs old, except she doesnt talk. Kyley does look a ton like Isaac! That is crazy. Everyone always tells me that Lilly looks just like my dad. I definately think their is more Arnold than Henshaw in her.
I'm so glad you found me! We will totally have to keep in touch!

The McEwans said...

Dude! I feel your pain on the mischievous children! I am so happy you have a blog now. Your kids are so cute! I am so excited to be able to keep in touch now! We need to get all the cousins to do it. Wouldn't that be GREAT!