Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Sick
I admire moms that can be sick and still get everything done. I am not that kind of mom. When I get sick I can't function at all. I was sick yesterday. I came home from work about 2:30, I had decided to leave the kids where they were and get some rest. I slept until six and then realized I couldn't drive to go get them. My brother-in-law ended up bring them home. Thanks Keith! Well I at least got them to stay down stairs with me. But I was feeling so wonderful that I fell asleep again. I woke up at 8:30 to a GIGANTIC mess. The girls had dumped an entire box of cereal out all over my bed and the rest of my room. They had completely emptied my purse. Hailey was in the process of filling the little potty up with water which she had first placed right by my bed. Kyley was putting wads of toilet paper into the little potty full of water and she was missing her shorts and her diaper. I called Don and asked him if he could take an extended lunch break and come home and take care of them until they went to bed. His lunch is at 9 and they usually go to bed between 9:30 and 10. If he hadn't been able to come home my mom would have come over. I managed to stay awake until he got home and then I was out like a light. How some mothers can do it all and do it while they are sick is beyond me. I feel better now but my bedroom is still recovering!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yikes! I'm so sorry. Being sick is the WORST!! Hope you and your room recover quickly!
Oh, being a sick mom is the worst! Hope you are feeling better now!
Post a Comment